WHY SHOULD YOU TAKE THIS TREK?
Because the settling hippies of the land said so! But all anecdotes apart, the Kasol-Grahan-Tosh is literally the OG trek of the region. Exploring the fusion cafes of Kasol, counting the constellations from Grahan’s height and succumbing to the views of the Tosh village is what this trek is all about. And don’t take it lightly when we say – this trek is definitely going to fill up the storage space on your phone. #photogoals
Comfortable Stay Delicious Meals Engaging Activities
Tread the path most beloved by the original hippies of Himachal
EVERYTHING YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THIS TREK
The Hosteller Kasol, The Gurudwara, The Jungle Walk
- Check into The Hosteller Kasol at around 11 am. Take that incredible #tripbegins selfie with the majestic views as your backdrop at The Hogger Cafe.
- Since the hostel is located a mere 5 minutes away from the city centre, a visit to the town shops is a must. Find those perfect hippie cloth patches for your retro denim or indulge in a few pastries at the local bakery.
- The Parvati valley encyclopedia i.e our trip coordinator will meet you here and take you to the beautiful Manikaran gurudwara. Refresh your feet at the hot water springs before heading on a short hike to the pretty village of Chhalal.
- Once back, our trip coordinator will ensure you can relax in front of a roaring bonfire. We must insist you eat as many s’mores as possible now!
- A delicious vegetarian dinner will be served now.
- You can indulge in a late night jungle walk with our trip coordinator. It begins somewhere around 9 – 10 pm and is not of the most thrilling activities on this list. Don’t worry though – our coordinator will take good care of you.
Highlights: Incredible views from The Hogger Cafe, Hot water springs of Manikaran, Roaring bonfire, Late night jungle walk
The Trek, The Views, The Stars
- Breakfast is served at 8 am.
- Our expert trek leader shall be waiting at the reception to guide you onward to the picturesque village that is Grahan.
- You will be accompanied on this trek by not only our trek leader but also a bustling river, several dense deodar and pine forests, long open grazing lands and plenty of gurgling waterfalls.
- Take plenty of photos because #yolo
- Once you reach Grahan, our trek leader will ensure you are comfortably settled into the homestay.
- A yummy vegetarian dinner shall be served around the bonfire followed by a serving of a exciting game of Bluff. Get competitive cause our trek leader has some serious skills!.
- In case you are not much for card games, you can also lie beneath the canopy of stars and see how many you can recognize. Sky Maps is a good tool to help.
Highlights: Serene views during the trek, Open grasslands of green, Plenty of photo ops, Stargazing at night, Game of Bluff
The Trek 2.0, The Hamlet, The Cliff House
- After breakfast, you shall be heading to the heavenly hamlet of Tosh.
- Ensure you get a good night’s sleep the night before because you certainly do not want to be drowsy on this part of the trip. The entire way there is flanked by the most outrageously scenic views of the Parvati valley and some seriously cute old wooden bridges.
- A delightful town full of cottages and quaint cafes, Tosh is bound to feel surreal. You can pester our trek leader to show you around as much as you want (psssstt.. Don’t tell him we said that).
- We shall be staying at a homestay or as it is lovingly called “The Cliff House”. The views from here are literally to die for.
Highlights: Trekking to Tosh, Cutest cottages in Himachal, Gorgeous cliffside views
The Descent, The Group Photo, The Goodbye
- What can be better than waking up in the last village of Parvati valley?
- After breakfast, you can choose the explore the town to your liking. Check out the local culture and the nearby waterfalls. If not, you can always catch up on your reading inside the comfy homestay.
- Check out from Tosh happens around 11 am and our trek leader shall guide you down to Kasol.
- As unfortunate as it sounds, the trip ends here. Don’t let our trip coordinator see you sob (or he will TICKLE you)!
- Get ready with your best smile for a group photo (which will be sent to you later).
- Bus for Delhi leaves at 7 pm.
Meals and stay as mentioned in the itinerary.
Expert trek leader and local guide.
Forest permit charges.
Guided jungle walk at night.
First aid (if needed).
Lunch on all days.
Any personal expenses and needs.
Any unforeseen fees/costs due to natural causes or government policies.
Hiking equipment like hiking shoes etc.
Comfortable clothing and raincoat.
Warm woolen clothes (depending upon the season).
Items like knife, lighter, torch, power banks, notebook, pen etc.
Camera or any other photography/videography equipment (personal decision).
All disclosure form (shared by The Hosteller).
Q: What is the best time to do this trek in the year?
A: March – December.
Q: What is the difficulty level of this trek?
A: This trek is ideal for both beginners and experienced trekkers.
Q: What should I pack?
A: Refer to our “things to carry” section.
Q: Would I need to buy camping equipment and accessories?
A: No, you don’t need to buy anything except items listed in “things to carry” section.
Q: Who would lead us on the trip?
A: Our community manager and highly trained trek leader will guide you during this trip.
Q: How would the weather be during the trip?
A: March – June (Bright & Sunny)
July – August (Sunny & Rainy)
September – October (Bright & Sunny)
November – January (Snowy).
Q: What all activities would be involved apart from trekking?
A: Apart from trekking, there will be a late night jungle walk, bonfire, s’more making, song circle, stargazing, local sightseeing and trip to a waterfall.
Q: How do I pack?
A: We recommend you to pack light while trekking. Keep essentials in a small backpack and leave the rest of the luggage at the base location while hiking elsewhere. Avoid carrying items that are very bulky.
The Hippie Trail
₹5,999.00 3 days
Cancellations made 7 days before the start date of the trip will attract 50% of booking value as cancellation fees.
Cancellations made within 3 days before the start date of the trip will attract 100% of booking value cancellation fees.
In the case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be canceled and in such cases, the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However, no refund will be provided for the same.
Refunds would be made through bank transfer and would be processed within 5-7 working days