WHY SHOULD YOU TAKE THIS TREK?
Because our head community manager says there is no better kheer in India than the one made by the locals of Kheerganga. The relaxing hot water springs, the panoramic views of the Himalayas, the wild horses grazing on bright green grasslands, the adorable cafes and cottages of Tosh, the bustling local culture of Kasol and the sweet sweet bliss of traversing through acres of beautiful and untouched forests are just an added accessory.
Comfortable Stay Delicious Meals Engaging Activities
Get a real taste of the sights and sounds of the abode of gods
EVERYTHING YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THIS TREK
The Hosteller Kasol, The Hot Water Springs, The Bonfire
- Check in The Hosteller Kasol around 11 am. Explore the property and soak in the gorgeous views from the cafe. Don’t forget to find yourself a favourite nook before someone says dibs on the library.
- After you shed your luggage, walk down to the quaint city centre of Kasol and enjoy the local fusion cuisine. If you are feeling particularly adventurous, you could get yourself some artificial dreads at one of the local saloons.
- Our friendly neighbourhood trip coordinator will then take you to the Manikaran gurudwara. No pedicurist can beat the relief from soaking your feet in hot water springs there.
- Once back, our trip coordinator will ensure you can relax in front of a roaring bonfire. We must insist you eat as many s’mores as possible now!
- A delicious vegetarian dinner will be served now.
- You can indulge in a late night jungle walk with our trip coordinator. It begins somewhere around 9 – 10 pm and is not of the most thrilling activities on this list. Don’t worry though – our coordinator will take good care of you.
Highlights: The yummy Hogger Cafe food, The nearby waterfall, Manikaran hot water spring, S’more making
The Trek, The Meadows, The Sulphur Springs
- The day is here! Time to gear up for the trek to Kheerganga. After a yummy breakfast, our trip coordinator will accompany you to Barsheni. Here, our expert trek leader shall join the trek.
- Hence begins the climb to the meadowy lands of Kheerganga. The trek normally takes 4 – 5 hours time to complete. But the entire trail is cocooned by views of the mighty mountains, several green grazing lands. An adorable mountain dog may 99% be trekking this trail with you.
- Our mysterious trek leader will share local facts and tidbits with you as you conquer this trek and reach the top.
- Snacks will be served when you reach and you shall be guided into your camping tents (exciting isn’t it?)
- Time to sink into a bubbling medicative hot water spring that Kheerganga is so famous for. #betterthanthespa
- After some well-needed dip, our trip coordinator will show you around Kheerganga. Enjoy the vast open grasslands and snow-capped mountains on all sides of you. Our trip coordinator majorly enjoys the sweet kheer made by the localites and is bound to give each one of you a bowlful.
- A delicious vegetarian dinner will sum up the day as you proceed to sleep under the twinkling of a million bright stars. Ah, what a day!
Highlights: The vast expansive meadows, Gorgeous mountain views, Local kheer, Relaxing dip in the sulphur springs
The Small Descent, The Hamlet, The Cliff House
- An early breakfast commences the third day of this trek.
- Ensure you get a good night’s sleep the night before because you certainly do not want to be drowsy on this part of the trip. The entire way there is flanked by the most outrageously scenic views of the Parvati valley and some seriously cute old wooden bridges.
- A delightful town full of cottages and quaint cafes, Tosh is bound to feel surreal. You can pester our trek leader to show you around as much as you want (psssstt.. Don’t tell him we said that).
- We shall be staying at a homestay or as it is lovingly called “The Cliff House”. The views from here are literally to die for.
Highlights: The beautiful trek to Tosh, Scenic cliffside views, Cute cottages and cafes, Pahadi tea
The Last Day, The Waterfall, The Goodbyes
- What can be better than waking up in the last village of Parvati valley?
- After breakfast, you can choose the explore the town to your liking. Check out the local culture and the nearby waterfalls. If not, you can always catch up on your reading inside the comfy homestay.
- Check out from Tosh happens around 11 am and our trek leader shall guide you down to Kasol.
- Time for that amazing group photo that will be a jewel memory years down the line. (And we got you covered here as every one of you will receive a copy of this in the following week).
- Bid some teary goodbyes and head home.
Meals & stay as mentioned in the itinerary.
Camping & trekking equipment.
Expert trek leader and local guide.
Forest permit charges.
First aid (if needed).
Lunch on all days.
Local transfers t(Bhuntar – Kasol – Bhuntar).
Any personal expenses and needs.
Any unforeseen fees/costs due to natural causes or government policies.
Trekking equipment like trekking shoes, hiking pole etc.
Comfortable clothing and raincoat.
Warm woollen clothes (depending upon the season).
Items like knife, lighter, torch, power banks, notebook, pen etc.
Camera or any other photography/videography equipment (personal decision).
All disclosure form (shared by The Hosteller).
Q: What is the best time to do this trek in the year?
A: All year round.
Q: What is the difficulty level of this trek?
A: This trek is very comfortable for beginners and expert trekkers alike.
Q: What should I pack?
A: Refer to our “things to carry” section.
Q: Would I need to buy camping equipment and accessories?
A: No, you don’t need to buy anything except items listed in “things to carry” section.
Q: Who would lead us on the trek?
A: Our community manager and expert trip leaders would assist you on this trek.
Q: How would the weather be during the trek?
A: March – June (Bright & Sunny)
July – August (Sunny & Rainy)
September – October (Bright & Sunny)
November – December (Snowy).
Q: What all activities would be involved apart from trekking?
A: Apart from trekking, you would also be learning how to set up your camps, lighting a bonfire, jungle survival techniques, stargazing, s’more making and much more.
Q: How do I pack?
A: We recommend you pack lightly but efficiently. Avoid overloading your backpack and do not carry anything too bulky.
₹4,999.00 4 days
Cancellations made 7 days before the start date of the trip will attract 50% of booking value as cancellation fees.
Cancellations made within 3 days before the start date of the trip will attract 100% of booking value cancellation fees.
In the case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be canceled and in such cases, the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However, no refund will be provided for the same.
Refunds would be made through bank transfer and would be processed within 5-7 working days